What would cause this?

So my prints have been coming out great for weeks, ever since I set everything up the first time. Then out of nowhere, the first layer stopped sticking to the build plate on two sides. I didn’t change anything yet somehow it wasn’t level. Not even close. Same filament I’ve been using with the same temps. So I started from scratch, releveled and cleaned the build plate. Got it printing good again, and thought all was good. Came back and tried to print something else the next day and it’s the same problem again. WTF? My printer is on my desk at work, so all I can figure is that some clown on 2nd shift is coming in my office at night and turning the adjustment wheels just to mess with me. I really need to fix the lock on my door. Unless something else could be causing it?

1 Like

That’s weird, I honestly think someone is goofing with it while you aren’t there.

1 Like

In that case, time to point a camera at it and catch the culprit.

1 Like

I recently had a layer shift video I couldn’t solve, and I put a camera on it and recorded the whole print. Turns out my binder clips had gotten loose and were failing after years, and the glass bed was moving on violent print motions. Sometimes you never know and it’s the weirdest error.

1 Like

I didn’t see your camera comment when I was typing. Great minds think alike :partying_face:

1 Like

Now that I think about it, my workplace is full of jokers. If it were off just a little bit I’d probably think it was something else but it was way off, twice within one week. Most likely someone having fun at my expense. Payback is going to be fun if I catch’em!

A good blob of bearing grease under a car door handle is good for a laugh.

Not that I would know, personally.

I dead fish shoved under the passenger seat works well too. :smiley:

1 Like

I had a buddy stick minnows down my defroster vent when ice fishing once.

He got a road kill possum. He wasn’t happy with me but never messed with my truck again.

A coworker kept greasing the steering wheel of the forklift I used to drive. The first time I was ok with. Yeah yeah, jokes on me. But this jackass kept doing it which started to piss me off. So I found a fish floating in the creek out back and stuffed it under the seat (up in the springs) of his truck. He came in every day complaining about the smell. Said he cleaned his truck really good and even shampooed his carpet but the smell won’t go away. I waited for more than a month before I told him. Lol

2 Likes

Hahahaha, I did the fish one, when I was stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC. I taped a fish to the back of our First Seargeant’s desk drawer. He was going insane towards the end trying to figure out where the smell was coming from. Luckily, he never figured out it was me, or I would have had a tough time :joy:

1 Like

Had a buddy I used to Bartend for. He rode his Yamaha V-Max to the Bar, we loaded it into the back of my truck and hid it.

Also, did the open can of tuna under his back seat in his truck. Still there 2 weeks later, he never noticed it.

2 Likes

He has good taste in bikes! I have a 2014 Vmax. A 200 hp beast of a cruiser!

I remember it being heavy as hell. lol

Yep. The 2nd Gen is damn near 700 lbs.

Had an '82 Classic Belt Drive, just looked up the weight on it, 760. I’d have bet $$ the V-max was heavier.

LOL, and you know what they say about HD’s and riding in the back of trucks.

1 Like

Oh you guys will get a laugh out of this. I found the culprit. :laughing:

Meet Isidro Lopez.

So today our janitor, Isidro, comes in my office and starts wiping down the desks with Lemon Pledge. I didn’t think much of it until he walks over to my 3D Printer starts wiping off all the little pieces of filament that gets scraped off of the build plate. He looks at me and says “muy sucio” (very dirty). It was then that I realized he’s been bumping the adjustment wheels with his rag every time he wipes it down, throwing my level off. :rofl:

1 Like

LOL just trying to help you

1 Like

Sorry, I did laugh.

Glad you found the culprit though.

1 Like

That’s a great ending, can’t slight a guy for trying to do a great job!

1 Like