Well, today was less than hoped for

Not a complaint, just had my hopes up. Clad quarter, couple dimes, couple Memorials, and a few odds and ends. Trashy site, since I was hoping to find the previous owners ring, I dug lots of trash.

I did slap on the big CORS coil for the last hour, just to play with it, can’t wait to get it in the farm fields.

Elderly woman stopped by and asked of I was finding anything, told her just what I’d mentioned above (here). She went on to say how many people she’d seen detecting this spot.

But, at least I got out for a bit, so no downside to that.

Unsure about this, made like a cap.

Guessing a stocking clip, and possibly the end of a piece of silverware maybe? Could be part of some type of ornate statue too.

1 Like

Still nice to get out and hunt. Every day can’t be a winner unless you’re a Youtuber

Steve

1 Like

I like the finds that make you stare, rub off the dirt, examine it from all sides, and you still keep repeating, “What the hell is this”?

1 Like

At least you gave it a try. The circular brass object you found looks like half of a makeup compact.

1 Like

Half the fun is trying to find out what and how old they are.

Steve

1 Like

I was sort of shocked to hear so many had hunted it. It was off the next exit up the interstate, so only a 10 mile drive, but didn’t know there were many around here who detected.

Then again who knows where they came from, how long ago it was, and if they’re still at it.

I guess I’d forgotten I’d taken a pic of this place.

LOL, at least it looked good…