This Guy 😂

This guy is hilarious. Gets caught planting finds, removes all his videos, waits a couple weeks, then puts all his videos back and simply pulls a Calabash Digger on the comment section. I can’t imagine the couple bucks a month YouTube is paying him can be worth both your integrity and the shame he must feel :joy:

2 Likes

Since I’d updated my old Verizon data plan a couple months ago, I’d been watching a LOT of YT videos. I’m surprised by the clickbait BS some use in the titles to get someone to click their videos.

Maybe I guess I just don’t get it, since I’ve never used Facebook, Twitter, or whatever the rest of them are. Been on a few forums, but that’s the extent of it. I’m under the impression that there’s a lot of people in the world who need the approval of others in order to be fulfilled evidently.

I don’t need 5,000 “friends” I’ve never, and will never actually meet, but whatever floats your boat as they say. This is where society has brought us.

Life was much simpler before cell phones and internet.

And, in before “OK Boomer”

That guy don’t get all excited about his finds like quarter liar does. Quarter liar will dig a coin in bad shape then show a picture of an identical coin in good condition, then on his next video show the picture of the good coin and claim he found it on his last video.
Lots of clickbait liars out there.

1 Like

Before I went on “vacation”, a mod there sent me this, and told me the author was busted for staging the entire thing.

Some people need accolades to feel good. Staged or not. What a shame

Steve

1 Like

Very transparent… Was obvious from the beginning. Shame on him as that find is still on the Banner list.

I read about that on Friendly. Been waiting to see a video from the guy with an explanation, an acknowledgment or something. Nope. Just swept it under the rug and disabled comments it seems. Lol

That’s how they roll

Steve

1 Like

For the record, the crusty unidentifiable wheatie I found yesterday was real.

1 Like

I’m going to tell you this that guy your talking about don’t plant stuff and you saying that about him you can take your forum and shove it right up your ass I don’t want to be a member of your bulllshit forum

ETA: I took the liberty of removing you from the Legend give-away since you no longer wish to be a member here.

The sad thing about metal detecting YouTube is that the people who make fake videos are often sponsored by metal detector companies or are at least being given detectors to advertise on their videos. The fake videos help sell detectors that will ultimately end up in the closet when old coins and jewelry don’t start flying out of the ground like it happens on YouTube.

I’d love to hear your explanation for this, but I won’t hold my breath waiting for it.

When something doesn’t make sense….follow the money. Heard that one before? Yep, it’s true. I don’t post pictures of finds anymore just because of all the fakery going on these days. If I find something good, the only way someone will see it is if I filmed it and it’s on my channel. It’ll be filmed from the point of getting the initial signal, to digging it up to recovering whatever it is. There will be no “hold on a second, I’ll be right back after I dig it up”. It might be a bit tedious for someone to watch the entire process but THAT is what it has become…I HAVE TO. In order to prove that it’s not planted, faked or somehow complete BS, I just film, and if I catch something, great. If not, oh well. Someone coming along with “still pictures” and “sketchy edited film” of a fantastical find just reeks of something bad. It’s too bad that people feel as if they have to fake stuff. But when it comes right down to it, ALL of us know how hard it is to make a great find. You have to hunt INCESSANTLY on the right sites and perhaps we get lucky.
I forget who it was that faked finding a 20 cent piece awhile back but when you can find the SAME COIN on eBay and it’s OBVIOUSLY the same coin with the same wear and same detail and same nicks and same EVERYTHING….as Ricky would say…”Luuuuuuucy! You got some ‘xplainin’ to do!” ONE LIE wipes out your credibility on all past and future finds forever. It’s just stupid to even consider it. I don’t hunt for other people. I hunt for me. If you want to come along, great! If not, great! Whatever I find will be just that, nothing more or less. It’s always nice to get props from our peers, but I don’t think anyone here is going to skip the “actually finding it” part…

1 Like

Like the oysters that are crammed full of beautiful multi colored pearl videos on Youtube they are made for pure entertainment… I think these videos are based on the same algorithm Politics use, Not everyone will fall for them but the ones that do will be exploited to the maximum.

1 Like

Good post!

And yesterday the exact same quote popped into my thoughts, except it was “follow the clicks”, which probably equates to money in the end.

LOL, I’d love to find something rare enough to make someone question my credibility.

Good post Kevin. I always tried to do live digs as well instead of the “hold on while I dig it” stuff, but lately I’ve kind of gotten burned out on the whole YouTube thing altogether. Detecting sure is a lot more fun when you don’t have to bother with recording or editing. Its not like I was ever going to get rich and famous off of my YouTube videos anyway. :laughing:

1 Like

I buy into the entire idea of doing it out of love for the hobby and sharing it with others who share the same interest(s). I get that 100%.

Sadly it’s evolved, at least for many, into simply a form of income placed above doing something just for the pure enjoyment.

As I’d mentioned earlier, I’ve just recently gained the ability to watch endless detecting videos, and basically come to the realization I hadn’t been missing a whole lot. I’m saving a select few channels and limiting what I watch to those. I’ll cruise through the daily new ones, but if there’s a couple dozen new ones, I might click on 2-3.

1 Like

If I start watching a video and they start showing targets that have been dug, I stop watching it.
If I was to tell anyone that I found whatever for coins that means I found them, there is no reason to lie. I don’t film anything, don’t know how …and if I could I have know idea of how to put it on anything.
Sometime I need to find someone to help me do pictures and show me how to put them on forums.

1 Like

Exactly, in your case that is completely true….”I found this, check it out”. It’s taken at face value as the truth. The second you figure out how to film, edit, post and have a bunch of subscribers and you say “Don’t forget to smash that like button and hit that subscribe button”…it changes. When someone starts posting 3-4 videos a DAY…it becomes suspect. Those who have been doing this for awhile can pretty easily sort the wheat from the chaff, but as the fellow up the screen said….”those who don’t know will be exploited to the fullest”(paraphrasing). And those of us who are “ purists”…”true hunters”…really start to get pretty annoyed with people who only want to turn this into a dollar bill.

2 Likes