Ok you dirty 🦨’s who found a Franklin

My favorite coin is a Franklin. I know at least 3 people here who found at lease one. I’d love to see them.

I’m still looking, I know they are hard to come by. Maybe this will be the year for me.

1 Like

Not me, only found Kennedy halves. Maybe it will be the year for both of us. I just got permission for a 17 acre Army base that has been vacated for 6 years. Still owned by the fed government but under the care of a contracted caretaker whose sole responsibility is to check the fence/gate and do the landscaping. He gave me a copy of the key to the gate and said have at it. It was used mostly between 1942 and early 2000’s, at which point it transitioned off active duty into a reserve depot. The folks that were there from the 40’s to the 70’s were in rotation, week on and week off, so I’m dreaming of all the silver they dropped. While probably nothing but late circulation silver, I’m hoping there is a half in there somewhere.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’ve dug 6 Kennedy half’s, just never a Franklin.

I have family stuff to deal with the next 2 weeks then hopefully start detecting regularly.

1 Like

I’ve dug a Barber, Walker, Franklin, and Kennedy.

(And a '76 Ike Dollar)

1 Like

Good luck!

Steve

1 Like

I want to find a Seated Half next

Not holding my breath…

1 Like

I’m still looking for one too!!

1 Like

Only Seated coins I’ve found are a dime and half dime. I’d like to find them some company.

1 Like

Seated? Still looking.

Steve

2 Likes

I’ve only dug 3 Franklins since I started detecting in the 1980s. Dug waaay more Walkers and Barbers. Never dug a Seated half.

2 Likes

I found a 1954 Franklin and a Barber.
Seated coins half dimes, dimes, quarters and Canada large cent.

2 Likes

I’ve found more Walkers than Franklins, but heres one (of about 5) Franklins I’ve found. CW3, hope this is your year!

cant post more pics, I’m a newbie

2 Likes

Nice finds!

Not looking good for me this year. To much family stuff going on.

Recovery call season started for me. I have call #7 booked for Monday night.