Ground balance

Hi all
If i am detecting and it then starts to rain,would you ground balance again

I would say yes, because I do it every so often anyway (while hunting the same site). That said, I can’t recall the last time I’d hunted “in” the rain, but following one, yes.

It takes a second and there’s no downside.

1 Like

The ground mineralization isn’t going to change because of a little rain, but ground balancing is important.

However, what’s even more important than ground balancing, is making sure you do it correctly. That means, you first make sure there is no metal under the coil before grounds balancing. You can do so by using All Metal mode or no discrimination before ground balancing…unless you already hunt in those modes anyway.

1 Like

Good Question… I’ve wondered the same

1 Like

I don’t think ground balancing all the time is really that important. The ground around my area on the AT PRO balances around 80 then I set a negative of 10 numbers. I have been using it for around 13 years with no problems without ground balancing very often.
There is a guy that sets the noise cancel of 1 on the Etrac and leaves it there.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know how much iron in the soil, or any chemicals used in farming affect soil. Since I do have the ability to GB, it’s a “just in case” choice.