Good Day

Got some heavy rain yesterday, so today I detected my trusty demolished farmhouse location for about two hours. Top left pile in the photo is scrap copper and brass. Bottom left item is half of a brass pocket watch case. It is marked “WARRANTED” and has remnants of silver- or gold-plating. Far right item is a very green wheat cent (date is not clear but it might be 1910 or 1916).

But the best find of the day is this Coca-Cola swastika watch fob from 1925. The text reads “DRINK COCA-COLA IN BOTTLES 5¢.” On the bottom left there is a manufacturer marking that says “SCHWAAB MILWAUKEE.” This thing was very bent up when I found it, but I managed to flatten it out without destroying it. Apparently these are somewhat rare and have some collector value based on internet searching. Probably the best find at this house so far.

1 Like

That’s pretty cool! Glad you were able to get out again. I was just thinking this AM, it’s nearly August…a month closer to harvest.

We’re due for rain (all weekend), but not seen a drop yet.

1 Like

Wow, I have never seen one of those. Cool!

Steve

1 Like

That is an amazing find! Seeing that thing now would probably explode some heads at Coca Cola HQ.

1 Like