Backyard Still Producing

I hadn’t detected in a few days, so today I messed around in my backyard for an hour or so. Somehow I am still finding coins I have missed, including a 1964 dime, which is silver coin #8 for the year.

In the past I have found a 1939 dime, 1964 quarter, silver ring, and multiple wheat pennies in my yard. Not bad for a house built in 1964!

3 Likes

Congrats on getting out, and scoring a silver in the process!

That’s why in some of your earlier posts about a couple other sites, I made mention that you’d find silver there if you kept after it.

This post is perfect example.

2 Likes

Yes, I have found that this hobby tends to reward persistence (read: stubbornness). What I really need to do is grid my backyard thoroughly, and I think a few more coins will show up. Nothing is deeper than 3-4" because of the red clay soil.

2 Likes

Nice! Just goes to show that the ground is never hunted out.

Steve

3 Likes

LOL, potato/potatoe

1 Like

Backyard refuses to quit! Nine more coins tonight, no more silver, but found a 1950 D wheat cent. All coins are from the 60s except for the wheat cent and one of the dimes. Two of the pennies were in a spill, giving a junky double beeping signal that I passed on until today.

1 Like

That’s why you dig it all.

1 Like

Glad to see someone is able to dig in the dirt. Keep hunting the backyard.

Steve

1 Like

Same here. I lived through scores of Indiana winters, and never had cabin fever like I do in this heat.

lol, generally as one grows older, you wish for time to slow down a bit, because it seems the older you get, the faster it slips by.

I’ll go back to feeling that way once harvest season gets here. I could lose 2 months between now and tomorrow, and wouldn’t upset me a bit.

1 Like