Another Impressive Legend Video

I’m going on record and saying that all the 1.08 update videos look so good so far as performance that I bet it brings Calabash Digger out of detector comparison retirement and breaking his path never to talk about a Nokta Makro product again :joy::joy:

I watched that one last night. The Legend update definitely looks impressive, but I really don’t see the point of comparing the performance of the mediocre default programs. As you know, these are just intended to make the machine behave so that a new user has a pleasant experience. Not sure about the Legend, but the default settings for the D2 running Fast is Disc 6.8, Silencer 2 and Reactivity 2.5. I know for a fact that when it comes to unmasking, that’s leaving a LOT of performance on the table. I have no doubt an experienced user could easily make it smack that target. So this test is basically just comparing default settings which seems kind of pointless to me. I’d say the same thing if it were the other way around. I’d be much more interested in seeing a comparison with each machine tweaked for best possible performance.

I’ve seen way too much bias in a lot of these YouTube vids lately from ALL camps. Makes me think all of these companies are putting people on their payroll. Maybe I’m wrong but it makes me leery about trusting any of them.

2 Likes

I totally agree with you. Actually, I never made it to the Deus part, I had the video running until I got to the office this morning and only made it 3/4 of the way through. I just made an assumption based on the headline that this video showed the Legend doing better, and immediately pictured CD having a stroke trying to stay away from going back to Legend videos.

I do look at every testing video like the tester has an agenda either way and has stacked the deck in favor of the result they want. I’m even biased. I want to buy a Bambu X1 Carbon 3D printer, and that joker is about $1400. I need the Legend to close the performance gap some more so I can sell the D2 and get the Bambu :joy:

1 Like

I’m with you. I think he’ll come out of retirement for this one. Lol

Man, something like this video will absolutely get him out of retirement, hahahahaha. Version 1.08 Nokta Makro Legend on small silver Amongst Iron | Metal Detecting Uk - YouTube

1 Like

Looks like Nokta/Makro are getting their act together on the Legend.
I never was impressed with their detectors before.
Most of the videos are biased that compare detectors. Everyone knows that they fine tune one detector and the other detector is set to fail.

1 Like

Well that didn’t take long. :laughing:

Hahahaha, I just came here to reply with that video. He might as well drag out his legend :joy:

2 Likes

Boom, nailed it, hahahahahahahahahaha.